10 raisons irréfutables de considérer l'ajout de contrats à termes gérés dans votre portefeuille
10 raisons irréfutables de considérer l’ajout de contrats à termes gérés dans votre portefeuille (Article en anglais)
1. Diversify beyond the traditional asset classes.
Managed Futures are an alternative asset class that has achieved strong performance in both up and down markets, exhibiting low correlation to traditional asset classes, such as stocks, bonds, cash and real estate.
2. Reduce overall portfolio volatility.
In general, as one asset class goes up, some other asset class goes down. Managed Futures invest across a broad spectrum of asset classes with the goal of achieving solid long-term returns.
3. Increase returns and reduce volatility.
Managed Futures, as well as commodities, when used in conjunction with traditional asset classes, may reduce risk, while at the same time potentially increasing returns.
4. Returns evident in any kind of economic environment
Managed Futures may generate returns in bull and bear markets, boasting solid long-term track records despite economic downturns.
5. Strong performance during stock market declines.
Managed Futures may do well in down markets because they employ short-selling and options strategies that allow them to profit in such markets.
6. Successful institutions use them.
Pension Plan Sponsors, Endowments and Foundations have long used Managed Futures to generate returns in excess of the S&P 500.
0% 500% 1000% 1500% 2000% 2500% 1980 1982 1984 1986 1988 1990 1992 1994 1996 1998 2000 2002 2004 2006 2008 2010 2012 Black MondayPersian Gulf War (1990)Long-Term Capital Managementlost $4.6 billion (1998)September 11, 20012008 Financial Crisis
7. Commodity Trade Advisors (CTAs) and Pool Operators (CPOs) have access to a wide variety of global futures products that are liquid and transparent.
There are more than 150 liquid futures products across the globe, including stock indexes, fixed income, energies, metals, and agricultural products.
8. CTA/CPO community is regulated and trades on regulated futures exchanges.
Trading in a regulated marketplace builds the credibility and trustworthiness of the CTA/CPO community.
9. Risk Management and Clearing
CME Clearing institutes some of the most sophisticated risk management practices in the financial world. For more than 100 years, CME Clearing has provided services that substantially mitigate the risk of clearing member failure.
CME Clearing has provided the resources to ensure the performance of every contract on our exchanges for more
than a century.
10. Overall industry growth has been exceptional.
In the last 30 years, assets under management for the Managed Futures industry have grown 1000 fold.