- Can you walk me through the fund launch process?
Project Viability Analysis
Signing of the Business Agreement
Setting up the fund
Creation of the fund's legal structure
Integration of all service providers
Manage your fund's portfolio
- How long does it take to launch a fund on Majestic's fund platform?
We simplify and optimize the fund creation process in order to launch it within six (6) weeks.
- What are the advantages of having a fund(s) under Majestic?
- Simplified operations;
- Focused efforts on portfolio management and asset raising;
- Substantial savings on all recurrent fund expenses;
- Better marketplace visibility;
- Improved distribution using the Fundserv network
- What is the minimum amount of assets required to launch a fund?
There is no specific AuM amount needed to launch a fund. Post-launch investor demand can be as important, if not more important than the fund's initial seeding. That being said, we recommend only launching a fund with an initial seed capital that keeps the fund's MER competitive relative to similar funds on the market.
- Do I have the right profile to launch a fund?
Yes, if you are one of the below:
- A firm registered as Portfolio Manager working exclusively with managed accounts, with a desire to simplify its operations, refine its business model and export/market its expertise;
- A registered Investment Fund Manager looking to save costs, outsource the compliance burden of internal funds, and increase its profitability at no cost to unitholders;
- A foreign investment firm looking to do business in Canada;
- A broker/financial advisor/financial planner who has an established client base, relevant experience, and proper education, with a desire to manage his own fund;
- A Mutual Fund Broker or Exempt Market Dealer looking to increase its profitability by promoting and distributing its own brand of funds.
- Can I migrate an existing fund to Majestic's fund platform?
Absolutely, Majestic makes it easy for you by leading and overseeing the transition. This switch will be beneficial to the fund(s) because of our economies of scale.
- Who owns the fund when it is structured under Majestic's fund platform?
A fund is a distinct legal entity owned by the investors of the fund. Once created, various service providers and intermediaries will be involved in the fund's operations. Majestic is responsible for overseeing all of the fund's activities.